Jay Leno Injured Seriously in Garage Fire
On Sunday, a gasoline fire destroyed the late-night icon.
A fire broke out in Jay Leno's Los Angeles vehicle garage, critically injuring him.
A source verified to The Hollywood Reporter that the 72-year-old former late-night legend was injured in what he characterized as a gasoline fire on Sunday.
According to TMZ, the former Tonight Show host was taken to Grossman Burn Center with "serious burns" to his face.
"I got some serious burns from a gasoline fire," Leno said in a statement. "I am OK. I'll be back on my feet in a week or two."
"His family was unable to provide us with many details, but there was a very serious medical emergency that prevented Jay from traveling," The Financial Brand stated in an email to Forum 2022 attendees. "All we know is that he is alive, so our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family tonight."
TMZ was the first to report the fire, claiming that one of Leno's cars caught fire, though it's unclear what exactly happened.
According to reports, Leno has over 180 antique and exotic automobiles, as well as approximately 160 motorbikes. Since departing The Tonight Show after 22 seasons in 2014, he has channeled his enthusiasm for automobiles into the seven-season CNBC series Jay Leno's Garage. President Joe Biden was featured in the most recent episode.
In 2016, while testing a drag-racing vehicle for Leno's Garage, Leno was involved in a car accident, with the vehicle rolling over several times during a test run at California's Irwindale Speedway. "That was certainly exciting," said Leno at the time. "It doesn't get any better than that."
author, youssef shnino.